(Part Time Position)
Position: Lobby Experience Team Member
Reports to: Manager, Visitor Experience
Science World British Columbia is a charitable organization dedicated to engaging British Columbians in science and inspiring future science and technology leadership throughout our province.
Do you love creating wow moments for others?
Under the direction of the Manager, Visitor Experience, this position will provide our visitors with friendly and responsive services, in person, over the phone and by email. The Lobby Experience team member will be primarily responsible for customer service and processing payments related to visitation, memberships, events and classes. This is a part time position.
- Assist visitors with their arrival and visitation needs in a courteous, cheerful and efficient manner. This includes general enquiries, problem solving, information services, lost and found, as well as explaining our offerings and providing recommendations.
- Ability to resolve concerns in a timely and professional manner, when dealing with difficult situations. Must demonstrate strong conflict resolution and troubleshooting skills
- Perform proficient operation of our ticketing and registration system (Advance Ticket Management System) with the processing and receipt of entrance fees for all admissions, memberships and events, etc. in person, over the phone and by email
- Accurate and efficient processing of all cash transactions and end of day reconciliation
- Process registration for various programs such as Preschool Curiosity Club and Summer Science Camps
- Assist in the planning and execution of all special membership events and promotions
- Process group bookings, e.g. school trips, birthday parties
- Perform administrative duties and upkeep the filling system and supplies
- Assist in the smooth operation of all ancillary services
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a customer service role with experience in meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations
- Previous sales, retail, tourism, office administration and experience in a charitable/not-for-profit organization is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure and enjoy dealing directly with the public
- Experience using cash registers, ticket terminals, computerized sales systems, databases and Microsoft Office
- Must have speed and accuracy in handling cash for high volume sales
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to perform a variety of tasks in a busy environment requiring high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be available for work a minimum of 64 hours a month. A flexible work schedule is required; must be available to work weekdays, weekends and holidays. Open availability is highly preferable
- All offers are subject to satisfactory completion of reference and police criminal record checks -
Please apply by Wednesday, May 24, 2017
* We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *